Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful Tree

I saw this Thankful Tree on Pinterest earlier this year.  This is our version:

I put it on the wall next to the landing halfway up our staircase.  We put leaves on it every night on the way upstairs for our bedtime routine. I used faux bois wrapping paper from Target's dollar section for the tree trunk and branches.   The leaves are mostly silk leaves I've picked up here and there over the years.  I write what we are each thankful for on slips of paper and tape it to the leaves.  The kids love sticking the leaves to the tree every night.  Last year I had the kids write down something they were thankful for every night, but it took forever to get them to do it.  This goes much quicker...

We even put a little owl in our tree...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...