Monday, November 12, 2012

Brave Party

This is my Merida.  Isn't she cute?  There was talk of a Rapunzel party this year, but then D decided that she HAD to have a Brave party for turning five years old!
 
 I loved going to see this movie with D.  Pixar really knows how to make a movie, right?  And since it was all about the mother/ daughter relationship it was special for the two of us to see it together.
  This was D's first party with friends- it was fun to throw a party for little girls!  Unfortunately my time management skills the day of the party where lacking, so I didn't get around to taking photos of everything.  Most of my inspiration came from Pinterest finds- check out my party board here for more ideas.  Most importantly D had a great time at her party!  Here's details-
Invites...

My second attempt at pinata making.  This time I made an old school paper-mache over balloon kind of pinata.  This is supposed to be a wisp from the movie, but D said it looked like a squid.  Either way it turned out a lot better than I was expecting.  It came apart just as the last party goer got a good whack at it so I'll count it as pinata success...
 

 
 I filled the pinata with Merida fruit snacks and set them out for the party, too...

I was going for a medieval/Scottish feel for the birthday banner...

 
This is another paper craft printable from Spoonful.com that I used for decoration...

Arrow cupcakes...
 

I didn't want to go all out with Scottish food that the kids wouldn't eat, so this was my only themed offering- prosciutto pinwheels to look like archery targets.  The rest of the food was very run of the mill party food...

Activities: decorate your own princess crown.  I found the template here...

More Brave printables...

Thanks for coming to my party "goody bags"...

 Sources for goody bags-
metal pails- Target (dollar section)
Merida stickers- Wal-mart
star wands- Target (party section) - dressed up with purple tulle and teal ribbon
butterfly rings- Target (party section)
blue wisp lollipops- covered with squares of tissue paper and tulle

4 comments:

Shelley R said...

Where did you find the arrows for the cupcakes?

matt & sarah said...

Hey Shelley-
I actually made the arrow toppers for the cupcakes. I cut the end of the arrow out of colored card stock (just free hand since the shape is simple) and then taped the arrows to wooden skewers.
-Sarah

Unknown said...

Did you make the invites yourself? My daughter wants Brave theme and I would love something like yours for hers!
Thanks, Steph

Jenn Y said...

I am planning a Brave party for my daughter this month. Where did you find the blue tissue and tulle for the blue wisp lollipops? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...