Monday, April 19, 2010

Floral Embellished Onesie

I started with a plain white onesie and an old jersey shirt- this one is a ballet pink with some silver stitching detail running through it. I thought the silver would be a pretty detail on the flowers.I cut small flowers from the shirt, maybe 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter. This was the most tedious part. It is hard to cut something small from jersey because it curls.Using 2 strands of embroidery floss in a coordinating color, I sewed the center of the flowers onto the onesie. I pulled on the flowers a bit to get a puckering in the center to create texture. i wanted it to look ruffley (is that a word?)
Finished project! It took less than an hour, even stopping to take pictures.

1 comment:

ellzabelle said...

I love it! I'm obsessed with flowers and ruffles right now and have to make Paige a bunch of stuff. Great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...